2017 Mayo Team Competition & Relay Championships U9/10/11’s
23rd April, Claremorris Track
Two (2) athletes per team.
Each athlete may compete in two events only,with the same or two different Partners (e.g. Johnny can do 60m with Paddy & Long Jump with Jimmy)
Choice of events available per team:
U9 Girls & Boys U10 Girls & Boys U11 Girls & Boys
Born 2009 Born 2008 Born 2007
60m 60m 60m
300m 500m 600m
Long Jump Long Jump Long Jump
Turbo Javelin Turbo Javelin Turbo Javelin
Athletes compete in their own age group (U9 must be born 2009, U10 2008 & U11 2007).
Each teams combined distances or combined times are added for team scoring.
Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team members in each event.
The first three (3) teams per event in the Mayo championships qualify to compete in the Connaught championships on 10 June next in Sligo. All-Ireland championships take place on 24th June in Tullamore.
- U9, U10 Long Jump competition, athletes may jump anywhere from the sand (area between the board and the pit).
- U11 Long Jump competition is from the board.
- 3 Jumps only per athlete.
- Turbo Javelin throw is similar to javelin technique and has been practiced in training.
- Longest throw measured to where the turbo javelin hits the ground.
- 3 throws only per athlete.
- 60m, 300m, 500m, 600m are on placings in the Mayo championships. Electronic timing is used at Connaught and All-Ireland level.